Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Mali

Here are some pictures of Mali! I was prepared to blog about how great and sweet she was, but now I find myself frazzled because she keeps coming out of her room during "room time" and not obeying!!! So, it might take a little more effort now!:)
Really she has been doing great this week. I think the extra time to just play together has helped. She asks me to play with her all the time now. But what happens is the following: she spends so much time preparing to play and then it is time to either feed Eleri or put Eleri down. This reminds me exactly of Eric. I just dive right in, but Eric has all these little steps to accomplish just to get to the main task! We have been laughing at this! (see shed project that did not take 1 hour but 36!!!:)) Back to Mali, when we do get to play, she has me pretend to be the voice of one of her dolls and she actually does the playing. I'm not going to divulge what she plays, I'm still trying to analyze and process what she is playing out, but it seems to be developmentally appropriate!:) Mali also likes to make lists. She ask us things such as what our favorite thing to do or what we need from the grocery store and "writes" it down. She also loves to write things out. Mali asks me how to spell something and she writes down the letter. Yesterday in the car, she asked me to tell her how to write Wemereimer Chocolate Lab Mix!!! We didn't get through it by the time her attention span wore off. Mali is also doing great with Eleri and really likes to make her laugh. Another favorite recent thing of Mali's is to match me. Poor girl! So one of the pictures is of us matching as well as I could pull it off! Our relationship has definitely improved and she actually does like me know. I'm trying to get the balance down, not sure I have yet, but we are managing and adjusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment