Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last day of Preschool


Today is Mali's last day of preschool. She sure has grown up in these 9 months since preschool started. ( click here to see the difference)I can't believe she has grown up so much. Several of her friends start kindergarten next year, but I"m thankful to have her one more year. Mali will be in 5 year old preschool in the afternoons though. I'm proud of my big girl and so enjoy watching her learn and grown. I'm looking forward to our summer at home together, and I think she is too.

Although we aren't happy with all the social things she has learned, she has learned some good things. Here is what I can think of right now:
How to obey another adult
Interacting and getting along with other kids her age
How to handle when kids bother her or hurt her feelings
How to draw. I'm so surprised by this skill!
She can now write her name very well

Here are some of her drawings too. You can click on each drawing and it will enlarge.
The first one is of Mali and her blankie

2nd set are pictures she drew on our trip. One is Jesus in the clouds and the other is of our family.

3rd picture of me and Mali cuddling. It breaks my heart, because we rarely get time to do that, but I look forward to ample time in the summer!



Mali was not happy about pictures this morning. And then started crying and said "you never take lots of pictures of just me!" Yikes! I think she's right!

2 comments:

  1. She is so big and tall! I'm also thankful for our last year with our kids. I got your sweet msg, and we miss you! Come see us soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Happy Graduation Day to Mali! Those pics did show a big difference! I bet this summer will be awesome! Will Eric be home more often this summer also? I think you do have lots of pics of Mali. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete