Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Kindergarten Field Trip

Today, Mali and all the other kindergartens at Sleep Hollow had their first field trip to the Corn Maze.  We left at 9am and got back at 1.  It was an ALL DAY trip.  I think Mali had tons of fun.  Eleri and I were able to go with her which was so nice.  First we got to go through the corn maize.  Our class got lost a few times even though the parents were told the secret "clue" to finding our way out.  Mali was at the front of the line right next to her teacher and classmates.  I some how ended up at the end with Eleri in the stroller, but it was still fun.  After that, the class got to shoot the corn gun and then had a short educational program. After that we took a hay ride to the pumpkin patch where each student got to pick their own small pumpkin.  Mali kept choosing good sized ones and I kept telling her it was too big.  She was NOT happy with me for following the "rules" when we got back on the trailer and she saw several kids with bigger ones.  I tried to get Mali to pose for me but she was too worried about all the bugs to actually agree to pose. One little boy gave Eleri an itty bitty pumpkin that she loved. After the hay ride it was time for lunch and it was getting really warm.  We were all dressed for much cooler weather.  Mali crowded in the with all the girls.  They ALL wanted to be right next to each other.  Mali ended up then sitting next to several of the boys so she would have room. The kids got to play on the hay stacks and hay bales and play in some water and slide.  They finished off with a corn shucking contest.  At the end, Mali got to see all the animals.  She saw an egg in the chicken coop, tried to feed the mini horses and watched the goat until it was time to sit in the shade. Our class was the first class ready to go.  One sweet mom bought all of the kids water because they were so hot and thirsty.  Then it was time to load up on the bus.  Mali started crying because she wanted to go home with me but I think she was just extra tired.  Eleri crashed in the car and and I'm hoping Mali and I will nap together after I pick her up in a minute! Mali did say that her favorite part was that I was there...and the big slide which I didn't get ANY pictures of because I was chasing Eleri and trying to keep her from having her fingers chewed off by a mini horse and each time I got to the end of the slide, Mali was already down.



Reading the first clue

We DID get lost a few times

Corn Cannon







1 comment:

  1. I bet it's fun for you & Eleri (and Mali, of course) to get to be a part of special events like this...I remember ALWAYS wishing my parents could have attended my field trips!! :) I hope to get to make the effort to do that with B & L someday...
    WOW - they grow up fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete