Saturday, May 29, 2010

Berry Pickin'



Yesterday I was cleaning up the house and the girls were just dying to be outside. So I told them that once I got to Mali's room, they could go outside and play right in front of the window. I opened the window and got to cleaning and they got to playing. Within about 5 minutes Mali yelled to me that Eleri and Scotty (the dog) had eaten some berries. I ran outside and made the two youngest berry eaters come back in, tears and all. Mali got to still play outside with instructions not to eat the berries. When we put in our flower beds, we purchased a serviceberry shrub. The guy who sold it to us asked if we wanted edible or inedible berries and I could not remember what we had chosen, but was hoping it was the edible kind. I dug around for the plant's "tag" and then used googled to increase my plant knowledge. Sure enough, we had chosen the edible kind. So, the berry eaters were allowed to resume their berry eating. In fact, Mali and I joined them and we spent the morning picking the ripe berries.

3 comments:

  1. That is a super fun story about the berries! It's one to remember for when they are older.

    ReplyDelete