Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wonderful Friends



Last week, we took a girls trip to Lubbock to visit our friends. It was really quick, and as usual, I didn't have enough time to see everyone I wanted to.
But we did get to see Emily, Brooklyn and Blakely Farmer. Emily's girls are so cute and precious. Emily was nice enough to host us and all of our Happy Meals at her beautiful house! The big kids played outside and the baby girls (Blake and Eleri) rolled on the floor! Emily and I worked together at Buckner and Mali and I "watched" Brooklyn when Emily returned to seeing clients. It was so fun to see Brooklyn all grown up!

Of course we got to see the Dallas Family. Mali enjoyed swimming with her friends. Zach and Calyn are awesome little fishies. Beth and I even got some time to visit in between all of the craziness. Beth made us all dinner and we were able to visit with Melissa, Makenna, Tracen, and baby Mailey that evening.
We took the kids to Krispy Kreme to enjoy some donuts, then to play off all of the sugar, and then finally to the Mud Room. This seems to some how be a tradition, but I'm starting to look forward to the day with just the moms can go without the kids. I made a tile of Eleri's foot prints and Mali painted a butterfly, which I'm sure once it is fired will be a brown mess...but fun.
After our self induced craziness, we met Sara Giles and her new fiance:) for lunch at McCallister's. We certainly inducted them into their engagement with a load of craziness....8 children in a packed McCallister's. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures with Sara since I only had my phone and not a camera! I'm so happy for Sara. It has been neat to see the journey God has brought her on to meet this man and to become his wife!! Way to trust God Sara, you are an example to all of us!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment