Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ouray

This weekend, we took a some what impromptu trip to Ouray with Brandon. Brandon wanted to go down to be in the mountains and I wanted my grandma to be able to meet Eleri. The trip actually went really well. Both girls did great in the car on the way down there. There were a few meltdowns on Mali's end on the way back, but overall there were no significant problems. I certainly didn't have a moment that I thought "why did I do this?" Brandon was very patient with us and we had some really good talks. It was nice to have the open road before us, a sleeping baby and Mali watching a video. We don't really get to just talk any more because of the my occupation with my girls (I wouldn't trade it though), so it was nice to talk. Friday it drizzled most of the day, but we enjoyed playing with Grammie, Aunt Zina and Great Grandma. Aunt Zina bought the girls toys that they loved! Grammie attempted to x-ray Mali's teeth but no luck there. I was hoping to save ourselves money! However, my mom did think she had some problems!:( Uugh! Saturday was a nicer day so we hiked up to Cascade Falls. Mali and Grammie climbed up to the cave together. Then we ate lunch at the Buen Tiempo, one of my "must eat" places in Ouray. We enjoyed the mountain breeze on the patio as we ate. After lunch, everyone napped, and then we went to Baby Bathtubs. I was sad that it was just little puddles of water, I guess that is what happens when you go in August. After our little hike, we left Eleri with Grammie, and Mali and I went on a date to get ice cream at the Candy Shoppe. After walking all the way up there (this is at the top of the hill in Ouray), it was closed! I felt like nothing was working out. We ran into Uncle Brandon, so he drove us back to the deli and we enjoyed out ice cream together. Sunday morning, Eleri and I were awakened at 5am by a bear trying to get into my Grandma's trash cans outside. It was only a small bear and pretty rare to see. I think that is the first time I've actually seen a bear at my grandma's. We finished our trip off with brunch at the Bon Ton. We had a good time. I wish I had better pictures, but only have my phone right now. I can't wait to get a camera again, I'm lost without one!




No comments:

Post a Comment