Friday, August 28, 2009

The parents


So this family actually has parents that do things too!:) Just kidding, we aren't nearly as exciting but here is an update on us! Eric passed his science teaching certification test this month. I'm really proud of him. He has worked and worked to pass this test. So now he is certified to teach PE (what he is currently teaching), health and science. Eric is also working on his master's in administration to one day become a principal! Football has also started and Eric's teams have gotten off to a great start. 1-0 with a score of 44-22 for the freshman black team and 56-0 for Amarillo High. We are so proud of him!
I'm still working about 7 hours a week. I've picked up a few clients from New Hope again after a six month "maternity leave". I feel like God has opened the doors for these clients and I'm being very selective. I'm not accepting any insurance right now so that I don't have to worry about that mess, private pay only. I'm seeing those clients on the weekends with "forces" Eric to spend time with the girls (those are his words by the way). I'm also still seeing my one client in his home. God has blessed me tremendously through this family and I feel like I'm able to help them and minister to them. One of those blessings, is that we are working on social skills training and Mali is having play dates. So two of the seven hours I work each week, Mali is with me! Hasn't God blessed me???
I think that is it for us!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment