Friday, August 28, 2009

Mali's first week of school




Mali seems to have had a great first week of 5 year old preschool, although she some how turned 15 between drop off and pick up on Tuesday. I asked her about her day and her responses where the following "I'm too tired to talk. I'm too thirsty to talk. Mom, can you please not talk to me." So, my initial reaction was "okay fine" (hey don't judge me I'm working on very little sleep and impulses aren't as guarded) but then thought again and actually replied "well I'm here when you want to talk about it." I do know that they are learning to write their names in lower case letters because I got quite the lecture when I wrote her name in all caps! Mali has been super cute with other things though. She has been really engaging in pretend play. Mali did tell me that she has a new name "Penny" and that I need to call her that! Another cute phrase from her was "I wish there was a girl football team". Mali also started a worship ballet class at Paramount called Doxa. She gets to be in there with her friend Hallie and really enjoys it! Afternoon preschool seems to be working out great for us so far. Eleri is napping in the morning for a good 1 hour to 1.5 hours and Mali and I have been getting in some good quality time. I know that God worked this out. It has been so fun to get ready with Mali, read to her and play with her all while Eleri naps. Mali has been exhausted after this week though and has had some whiney-ness and behavior problems, but she will adjust!

No comments:

Post a Comment