Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend










Labor Day Weekend and Memorial Day weekend happen to fall right in the middle of football season, both fall and spring ball. Mali was a little disappointed that we didn't go anywhere, but we made the most of it. Friday, Mimi and Papa came down (and brought me a very nice decaf latte from Starbucks) and we went to the pep rally, ate lunch and then rested at home. They also helped me get the girls ready, got us dinner and helped me at the game with the girls. It was our first home game. It was a little nerve racking now that Eric's job really depends on wins, add to that my pregnancy hormones and I just almost cried. I was so thankful to have help at the game. Saturday was a pretty morning and the girls drug blankets and pillows into the front yard to camp. After playing out front for a while, we set up the tent in the backyard and had a picnic there. After lunch, Eleri and I came inside to nap and Mali stayed in the tent and rested with the dogs. Saturday after Eric got off work he went to get a haircut and took Mali with him. We "tagged" in the parking lot and I went to work. When I got home I found that Mali had a chunk of hair died pink courtesy of her little daddy/daughter time (I should have taken a picture right then because sadly enough it has faded). Sunday before Eric had to work we went out to Palo Duro Canyon. Mali was not thrilled about all the bugs and screamed and cried every 5 seconds over a bug or pokey thorn. We took the dogs with us and tried a little walking trail but Mali's major fear put a halt to that. We did have a good talk about fear and how God didn't create us to be fearful. We spent our last little bit at PDC playing in the water. Eleri loved it and so did the dogs. Mali finally got out the car and spent the last few minutes playing and looking for minnows. The rest of the weekend was spent with lots of good sister time. We enjoyed no school on Monday, getting to sleep in and just getting to play.
And in the picture with Mimi and Papa, I with great sadness announce this was the last picture in my favorite favorite chairs! Tuesday night our chairs were stolen from our front yard. I'm so sad and MAD about it. They were very sentimental to me and I LOVED sitting in them outside under our tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment