Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bump It

I've known for a long time that Mali is very easily influenced by advertisement. One of her favorite "As Seen on TV" items is the Bump It. She has asked me for these on several occasions. I love the part that says "not edible and not for children under 12".

Last night we had a freshman football cookout and a sister of one of the players was there. Mali referenced her by saying "that girl with the bumpit". We laughed and Eric convinced Mali to go ask her if she had one. She told Mali that she just used bobby pins and hairspray and that bumpits didn't work. So this morning, Mali asked me to "bump" her hair. We watched a YouTube tutorial together, I gathered our supplies of bobby pins and hairspray and made the attempt. It ended with tears and Mali saying "I look like a freakin' idiot". First, she did get reprimanded for saying that, and second I couldn't help but laugh. She didn't look bad, it just didn't turn out the way she wanted. I'm willing to try anything to get this girl to fix her hair. I'm obviously inept at these type of things, but am more than willing to try. I need Auntie Kisha to help me out on this one!!! I'm the one that grew up in Colorado (NO big hair there) and just purchased my first hair styling tool besides a brush last year (a flat iron). So here is a some what after picture, she made me take down the half ponytail part.

2 comments:

  1. this post made me laugh out loud! so funny...girls WILL be girls!!! The funniest part is that I saw this product at Wal-Mart last night and I'll admit it was in my basket for about 15 seconds (it was near the checkout line and I was waiting in a long line, in my defense!) until I thought better of it!!! So, I can relate to miss Mali!!!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have told several of my other friends about this and laugh so hard each time.

    ReplyDelete