Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pray for Andi

Please pray for our friend Andi. Andi was Mali’s friend in Lubbock. They lived in the cul de sac down the street from us. The Reuter’s are an amazing, godly family. I learned so much and was blessed so much by Julie in the short time that we were friends. Julie sent me an email yesterday asking me to pray for Andi. She was diagnosed with cancer in one of her kidneys. She has had her kidney removed and has received 2 of the 21 rounds of chemo. Pray for their family as well; Julie and Ryan Reuter and Hadley, Mallie, and baby brother Orin (not sure of his spelling, he was just born when I was going through the molar pregnancy stuff and then they moved). Julie said that Andi was tough (and she sure was when we knew her!), but I still can’t imagine! It has made me appreciate and treasure what I have, but I also want to join in praying fervently for Andi’s healing.
Malachi 4:2 “But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing on His wings.”
These are pictures of the girls together when they were about 18 months old. I can’t believe it has been that long ago already! In the second picture, Andi’s big sister Mallie (yes same name, that is how we made a connection at first) is with the girls!


2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying. Please keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very very sad. That must be so hard for Andi and her family. Of course, we should pray for Andi, BUT... it may not be God's will to heal Andi. We just don't know. Only God knows, and he certainly knows best. It's really not a matter of how fervently we pray, or how often we pray, or how many people are praying. If that were true, answers to prayer would be based on US and how hard we work to get the answer we want.

    I believe we can ask for Andi's healing, but then we must say, but thy will be done. God may (or may not) have something wonderful that would come from not healing Andi. He knows best. WE do not. Why do we think we know better than God, that we know what is best?

    My heart goes out to Andi and her family. What a difficult, difficult thing to go thru.

    I pray God's will be done in their situation.

    Praise the name of the Lord!

    An Anonymous reader.

    ReplyDelete