Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sleep




Since it's been about two and a half weeks since I started 'sleep training' with Eleri, I thought it was time for an update. We have seen a difference in Eleri. She is even more happy and talkative. Eric said 'she's the old Eleri." Obviously not sleeping wasn't good for either of us. She is still getting up and crying but eventually goes to sleep without any problem or intervention. The crying rarely takes over 6 minutes too. (Yes, I set the timer on my phone, it helps me feel better and stay focused on the CIO method!:)) I did buy a sleep sack (they are 50% off at Kohls right now) to keep her warm thinking that might solve the problem. It also gives me peace of mind. I've been waiting another 10 minutes or so after she stops crying to go in and cover her up with her blanket. So to sum it up, our sleep is better, but she is still up three times a night, maybe twice, but for maybe 6-10 minutes at the most each time. I've revised my plan a little in that I'm not going to go in at all until after 5am to feed her and see how that goes. I'm a little nervous about how we are going to manage Thanksgiving and our whole little family being in the same room, but I imagine we will manage and adjust. Is she just not adorable? The crazy hair picture is what she woke up like after nap one day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are getting her under control! Mine still gets up at least once to nurse and tries to talk me into getting her out of bed in the night too. You give me encouragement to let her keep crying it out....until she wakes up her brother, then I'm upset!

    ReplyDelete