Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Croupy croupy

Last Wednesday, Mali woke up from a nap with a croupy cough. And sure enough when I took her to the pediatrician it was croup I've had to force her antibiotic and steroid down her. We've also done breathing treatments. One night Mali used the pacifier attachment with the nebulizer. I didn't wash it after that and Mali decided it would be good to give it to Eleri. So, I knew she would get it aside from a miracle. Well, yesterday Eleri sounded hoarse so we decided not to risk it and I scheduled a 3pm appointment with our pedi since we were going out of town. Our pedi found nothing but gave me advice on how to best handle croup. Sure enough, at 10:30, Eleri woke up with a croupy cough and seemed to be having trouble breathing. I took her to an immediate care clinic and she got mess and a steroid shot. Today she took some great naps and has seemed to recover well. We are headed to the cool mountain air to open up these girls' lungs!

1 comment: