Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sisters




Mali is doing amazing with Eleri...and has been my prayer that she would adjust amazingly to Eleri. She has been sweet and kind and just enough interested in her. Mali has assigned herself of a job of diaper patrol! She can sure smell wet or dirty diapers and lets us know. Also, as we change diapers, Mali likes to be the one to take them to the diaper trash. She loves singing to her little sister. The day we came home from the hospital, Mali was sitting on the hospital bed with us as I nursed Eleri one last time at the hospital. The nurse was doing my discharge and taking my vitals all while I nursed Eleri. In the "background" Mali was singing "Hush Little Baby" to Eleri with her own words! Also, the night we got home, Mali was such a big girl. She wanted to do everything herself. She even gave herself a bath, however, she used an entire bottle of my body wash and my shampoo in the mean time! She has done great and has been sweet to her sister. Here is a picture from their sister photo shoot. Wow, it is hard to get TWO girls to smile and be ready at the same time. If Mali was up moving, Eleri was happy, and if Mali was still Eleri was crying! But I got at least one good one.

7 comments:

  1. Brie, I LOVE the sister pictures of the girls. Plan to copy as they will make great pictures in my girls' room as they will be sharing. So glad you are doing good. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea with the tutu's!! They look adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are absolutely beautiful! You have beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet sisters --- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One! You have THREE great pictures! They're wonderful! Mali looks so grown-up in the second one and in the last one she looks like she couldn't be happier! Eleri is just adorable and has beautiful skin tone! She looks like she's already tan! You have two gorgeous little girls! I'm so glad that Mali is adjusting so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Emily! I will gladly share the "idea" with you. I made the tutus myself, so you can do that too in any color tulle you want!

    I love Eleri's skin tone as well, but I have to admit that Mali had the same skin tone, so I don't what happens.

    ReplyDelete