Thursday, January 8, 2009

Little hand on the 3

Thinking that I would be a great mother and teach my daughter basics of telling time, I put a clock in her room. Nap time has been an issue ever since we moved to Amarillo and has gone through many phases, so with the baby coming and me wanting Mali to at least stay in her room for a good amount of time (1 1/2 hours right now), I showed her that on the clock when the little hand goes to the 3 nap time is over! Well, it has backfired completely! Previously, she might come out at 2:45 and I would send her back in with a battle, tears and threats of discipline, but sometimes on really great days, she would stay in her room until 3:30 or 4:00. The past two days (including now) she has run into my room and shouted "the little hand is on the 3!" and is ready to go, whether mommy is or not. Eric laughed and said that she is probably watching the clock the whole time! But she can sort of tell time, I guess that is the up side!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment