Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Belly Picture


Here is the last picture of the growing belly! I can not believe we are 3 days away from Eleri's arrival! We are all getting excited, although last night when contractions were waking me up, I was not ready...since we've made it this far I'd prefer she just wait until the scheduled c-section!:) I'm excited though, a little bit in denial! Right now I'm more worried about Mali and having all of the details arranged for her, which of course I can't do. I'm learning some more about allowing God to be in control of Mali while I can't be, because she is His anyway and I'm sure His plans are MUCH better for her than mine! We also been provided for and blessed immensely. One of my friends (and technically boss) brought us two frozen meals today and another friend's Sunday School class adopted us and will be providing us meals! Thank you God for working out provision and care for us. I was worried about some of this things, but knew God would provide, just didn't know how. God always has been faithful to us and provided for us, we are so blessed to have a Father that cares so much for us. Mali seems to be excited too. Today she was fascinated with one of her friend's new baby brother when he cried and was waving to him and smiling at him trying to make him not cry. I'm proud of who she is becoming. We will have issues, but I think she will do great in other ways too. Yesterday she told me, when Eleri gets big we can sing really loud in my room together. We talked about how Eleri is her own friend that gets to live with her. That made her happy, although it may be a while before that is totally true. Mali also announced to me that she is going to be a doctor when she grows up, just wanted to get that in "writing"!:) She has enjoyed doctoring her sick stuffed animals and caring for her bears (this is GREATLY therapeutic for her as we go through this). Mali did start crying earlier because she didn't want them to cut my tummy (we've talked about how she was born and told her about how Eleri will be born), but I reassured her that I would have lots of medicine that would help me not to feel it or hurt (hopefully that is truthful:)). Anyway, enjoy the last picture. Hopefully I can convince someone to update the blog after she is born, shortly after 12pm on Thursday January 29th!!!!! Also, Eric will have a soccer game and baseball tryouts on Saturday, so if I haven't been discharged, I might enjoy some visitors that day!:)

4 comments:

  1. Jason's sister Janet may have a baby this week, so if she does, we'll definitely stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to come and see you and meet eleri! remember that beth was not happy she went home a day early? stay as long as you can after the c-section! it will help you in the end! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO excited for you guys! We will definitely be praying for you with the c-section and for Eleri as she meets her family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more days! How exciting! Your pregnant belly is beautiful! Your belly must have been the perfect home for Eleri since she was able to make it this whole time, along with God's grace and prayers! Good luck with everything Brie, I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete