Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pig Tails, Politicians and Power of Suggestion


I just had to share the most amazing thing that happened yesterday...Mali let me fix her hair! She had seen a little puppet girl on her Spanish Sesame Street DVD that had pig tails and wanted them, just like that "little girl" as well as Bretan and Avery (her second cousin and the head basketball coach's daughter). So it has been wonderful and a success so far and has made my month. On top of that she looks so cute!!

We also know who Mali would vote for if she could in fact vote. Barack Obama is her choice. Every time she hears his commercial come on t.v., she yells "mom stop, don't change it" or something to that effect and sits mesmerized throughout the commercial. Then out of no where the other day, the commercial came on, and she casually announced "Mom, its Barack Obama" Now, granted, Hillary Clinton is the only other commercial from a politician she's seen, but it makes me wonder.


So this has led us to understand how much the power of suggestion is influencing Mali right now. Some of it is normal but Eric pointed out that she may be a lot like him, heavily influenced by advertisement and the popular things to do. I'm glad that we are aware of this area in her personality and hope that God will give me the wisdom to parent her with this in mind.

3 comments:

  1. I love her pig tails! So cute! I bet she will be watching the election returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a doll baby!! Every age is fun in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are aware of the power of suggestion in your daughter's life. It really amazes me how easily we are effected by what we see and hear.

    ReplyDelete