Saturday, August 18, 2007

Amarillo

Last night as I finally allowed my self to sit and think and process what is going on, I was thinking about what I need, as many people have asked and offered. The thoughts that came to my mind were "I need to be in Lubbock." But then God helped me to see that if I was in Lubbock I might not be taken care of by doctors the way I have been here. Which led me to realize something that I never would have thought was possible, that this move to Amarillo may have been for me after all! I would never have thought that something I didn't want at all would actually be something that would help me! I guess it just re-affirms that we need to trust God and His plan because He can see so much more than what our human minds can even conceive of!
Many people have asked how I'm doing, and is my own tendency, I'm trying really hard to be strong and probably not really allowing myself to think about what is going on with me and my body. I'm very tired and am not sleeping well at all. Last night a lot of things hit me, and I'm feeling pretty scared about the surgery and what might happen. But I also know and believe that God is in control. As I finish this post, I want to share some more scripture that was given to me by a friend. Thank you again many times over for all that each of you is doing for our family right now!

Psalm 113
1 Praise the LORD. [a]
Praise, O servants of the LORD,
praise the name of the LORD.

2 Let the name of the LORD be praised,
both now and forevermore.

3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the LORD is to be praised.

4 The LORD is exalted over all the nations,
his glory above the heavens.

5 Who is like the LORD our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,

6 who stoops down to look
on the heavens and the earth?

7 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;

8 he seats them with princes,
with the princes of their people.

9 He settles the barren woman in her home
as a happy mother of children.
Praise the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Brie~ I was just thinking the same thing last night....that God moved you there for YOU...to make sure you got the care YOU needed. Oh how freeing it is to know that God knows what we need so much more then we do...we don't have to have all the answers. Praise the Lord he has them all!

    ReplyDelete