Friday, July 24, 2009

Coaching School

This last week we traveled with Eric to coaching school in Austin.  This is an annual conference for Texas High School Coaches. I have gone one time with Eric, last time it was in Austin, and he prefers to take me with him. This year since I was nursing Eleri, she had to come, and then he felt bad leaving Mali so we all just came along.  Here is a summary of our trip, and unfortunately I have NO pictures to capture the moments in time.
People we Saw (or happened to run into):
  • Carrie, Dan, Luke, and Claire McCullough
  • Andrea and Matt
  • John, Katie, Ashlyn, and Paige Bimmerlee
  • Kisha and Josh (MiMi and Papa too)
  • Amarillo High Coaching Staff (of course)
  • Brittany, Dan and Teague Arlitt (Sad we missed seeing Troy)
  • Kathryn Bixler (She was in Brandon's grade in Ouray and we ran into her at the bridge on Congress and watched the bats with her)
  • Aaron McNeely (nine30 alum and bass player; I ran into him in our hotel lobby the last morning)
Great food we ate:
  • Joe T Garcia's in Ft. Worth
  • America's Best Coffee
  • Spaghetti Warehouse
  • Chuy's!!!!!
  • Rio Grande
  • Rio Grande
  • Eddie V's Riverside Grill (that was an experience that wasn't so great)
Things we lost:
  • My camera (hence no pictures of the trip)
  • Eric's credit card that all expenses were going on since the school reimburses them
  • Mali's 1 hour old stuffed animal
Miles traveled:
  • Amarillo to McCullough's home in Arlington, TX  359 miles
  • McCullough home to Joe T's in Ft. Worth-30 miles round trip
  • McCullough home to PGA superstore in Frisco-36.9 miles
  • Frisco to downtown Austin-220 miles
  • Hotel to outlets in Round Rock, lunch at Chuy's and back to hotel-42 miles round trip
  • Austin to Amarillo- 513 miles
Things that we saw or experienced (some numbers may be an estimation):
  • 1001 bats
  • 26 wind mills
  • 3 dead animals
  • 30 outlets stores
  • 127 cows, horses, goats, and sheep
  • 1 golf course
  • 1 4ft swimming pool
  • 2 cozy queen beds
  • 3 poopy diapers
  • 1 new DVD player
  • 3-times we watched/heard "Tinkerbell"
  • 4-times we watched/heard "Horton Hears a Who"
  • 6 spankings and 7 time outs 
  • 16-ounces of Starbuck's decaf Cinnamon Dolce Latte's that I enjoyed each morning in our lobby!
  • $5-cost of two buttons created by a deaf artist depicting the bats at Congress bridge.
  • 21-average minutes of Eleri's naps during our trip.
  • $21.65-cost of a new blankie for Mali
  • 0 minutes of crying and complaining....way to go sweet girls!!!
  • $$$ amount of money spent on a good family trip with lots of memories, although I need to add some dollar signs now that my lost, but found, camera is officially inoperable!

3 comments:

  1. Good summary! I can't believe you did not hit the Cheesecake Factory, Kerbey Lane, or Papasito's. I also can't believe there were only 3 poopy diapers. Abby can manage that in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned Cheesecake Factory to Eric, but it didn't sink in I guess!:) We also ended up eating downtown most of the time, but I would've traded our last dinner for one of those. I know about the poopy diapers, that's why I had to include that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you could make a family vacation out of it! It seems like a great, fun-filled time! You did A LOT! How fun that you ran into someone from Ouray! I don't think I would even recognize her.

    ReplyDelete