Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gummy Bear

Last Tuesday, we had sonogram #2 just to check on the baby and make sure that it is still okay and that there was no molar tissue or other problems. I also started bleeding BUT it happened at exactly the same time when I was pregnant with Mali (8 weeks). So the sonogram confirmed that the baby is still okay. Strong heart beat (185) and we even saw arms, legs and fingers!!! The baby even moved around. It was pretty exciting to see. My OB said that the baby looked like a gummy bear and was about the same size as a gummy bear. The new due date based on the sizes and this sonogram is February 2nd. And if I decide to have a repeat C-section they will schedule that 7-10 days before my due date. I'm praying about what to do, as my OB will allow me to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean). I'm still feeling pretty sick and tired, but that just seems to be the course that my pregnancies take. I'm trying to keep focused on God and draw from His strength and rely on Him. Mali is still doing great with the idea, as far as she knows. She talks about sharing her toys and baby dolls with the baby and letting the baby sleep in her room. And yes, Mali is still referring to the baby as a girl.

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing your little gummy bear is! I hope you are feeling better. I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations friend! Praying for health and safety and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! I'll be praying for you and the little gummy bear!

    ReplyDelete