Saturday, April 26, 2008

Too big

Yesterday as we were walking through Wal-Mart I was hit with a huge thought, Mali is about to move out of the toddler/baby section of clothes. I kept pushing the cart past her former size to her new size. Now, I'm not too thrilled about the clothes offered over there. I just am not ready to let go of my little girl. I guess clothing size made me realize she is too big and IS growing up. I really thought I was going to start bawling right there in Wal-Mart. I remember how excited I was when she went from 24 months to 2T, I loved it, so don't think I want to stifle her growing up, but from 3T/4T to x-small? That just doesn't seem possible. However, today as I had a little photo shoot with Mali next to some wisteria, I realized that her new 4T dress that fit for sure 2 weeks ago is getting a little too short for her to wear. I can't believe it happened...overnight!!! Maybe that is why she has been napping. So now I'm anxious to measure her height. Anyway, this is one of those bridges I'm going to have to cross of letting go of my sweet little girl. But in the mean time, we might look at clothes at Children's Place, I'm just not ready for the big girl clothes (and I think they'll fall right off her still tiny waist, x-small or not!:)) On the good side, it looks like she is going to continue to develop a height that will make her the ideal outside hitter in volleyball one day!:) (notice where the hem of her dress is in this picture)



for more pictures from the "photo shoot" click here:
www.flickr.com/photos/briegomez

2 comments:

  1. We're having a girl. I thought about you when we found out. Just wanted to say hello! Your daughter is so beautiful! I bet she's growing like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mali is beautiful! Your photo session inspired me that I ought to be taking more pictures during this time, because it is going to be gone so fast!

    ReplyDelete