Friday, July 23, 2010

A Nice Day for a "White" Wedding

On July 19, 2010 my brother, Brandon, got married. It was fun but exhausting weekend. The girls and I went up Thursday with my dad to start getting things ready for the wedding. Friday my mom, zina, and I hosted a bridal luncheon for Liza in La Veta, Colorado at a bed and breakfast there. My mom did a great job planning it and preparing for it. After the luncheon, we went back into Cuchara and got ready for the rehearsal. The rehearsal went well although Brandon put me in charge and my brain capacity seems to be very limited right now, but with help from the other members of the White family we got it all figured out. After the rehearsal we went back to the cabin and had pizza from the Dog Bar on the deck. It was fun to relax and hear Brandon and his friends tell stories from their crazy days at Wayland. My dad tried to get stories about Liza but her mom (translated) that she was a very good child. After the dinner, the girls and guys parted ways. At about 8pm, I went up to Liza's condo for a Mehendi party. I was so excited about them incorporating this tradition into their wedding. Liza and all the bridesmaids had our hands painted with henna. The bride goes first and Liza's alone took four hours. Everyone took pity on me and let me go next. I didn't get home until 2am which is super super late for me especially being pregnant but I was glad that I was able to stay since Liza really wanted us to do this. Saturday morning came quickly and we spent time helping Brandon get ready for the reception and ceremony. After lunch and an early nap for Eleri, I started getting ready so that I could help Brandon with the flowers. I went to take pictures of Liza getting ready but then had to leave to go get all of the girls' flowers and bring them up to the cabin. By that time, it was time to get the girls ready and meet for pictures. We met at the ski resort base to take pictures. Liza looked absolutely beautiful. The highlight of pictures had to be when the groomsmen carried Liza across the resort to take pictures. I can't wait to see the pictures! I was fortunate enough to be able to drive Liza down to the ceremony, after a potty break at the cabin. The ceremony went really great. They did a great job choosing beautiful music that captured their personalities. My little flower girls looked beautiful and did a good job even though Eleri's pomander broke before the ceremony! Bryon Potter, Brandon's high school friend and college roommate, performed the ceremony and did good job, Mali leaned over to me and said "I really like this story". After the ceremony and more pictures we went to the reception that was held in the town of Cuchara at a rental cabin along the river. It was very pretty and serene. I was exhausted and just wanted to rest so I slacked in the area of pictures. I'm so sad I never got pictures with Brandon and Liza and myself or the girls!!! We had a good evening and enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Our family left early but the rest of the wedding party and friends stayed on to celebrate into the evening. We are excited to have Liza as a permanent member of the White family. She is so kind and loving and understanding with our girls. And with Brandon!;) congratulations Mr. & Mrs. White. We loved being a part of your special day...have fun in Hawaii!









No comments:

Post a Comment