Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthday and Projects

This was the first year where I spent my birthday celebrating with just my family. Eric was on spring break and I'm several hours away from most of my friends. Eric woke up early to bring us (Mali and me) coffee and donuts. Then we ran some errands and ate lunch together. Eric and I spent the afternoon working on yet another project, extending our patio in the backyard. It was an enjoyable day.
Today we continued our project and birthday celebration. My dad and Terry left for Israel today so we met at Cracker Barrel for a birthday breakfast and then I took them on the airport. While I did that, Eric and Brandon had cement poured in the back and worked on getting that just right all afternoon. We also purchased more shrubs for the flowers beds. I think Mali is having the hardest time with all of our projects, because she has not been the center of attention. So, after we cooked hamburgers, we took her to Jump N Jive and let her have fun with her Uncle Brandon!



The pictures are of our concrete in the back. Eventually we will work towards adding a covered patio, but this was just step 1. The other picture is of our most South flower bed section were we added three shrubs. I love the 3 in a group. They are called Viburnum and smell really good. We also added 3 other shrubs on the other side but I couldn't get a good picture of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment