Thursday, April 29, 2010

T-Ball





Mali started T-Ball with Kids Inc today. She was very excited. Last night, after football practice, Eric took her to Academy to pick up a bat and a glove. Of course, Mali came home with the pink glove that lights up when you push a button on the glove. Then Eric took her out to practice with him in the backyard. It was so fun to watch him teach her all that he knows. He was really patient and enthusiastic with her and it made me smile! Eric did a great job of teaching her the components of t-ball as a game. They worked on batting and fielding. The only problem happened when Mali was fielding and I was batting. Apparently I should have known better, but I took a really good swing and hit the ball straight at Mali’s nose. We heard the thud of the (thankfully) tennis ball and I was so worried. I might add it was a half eaten tennis ball too. Eric thinks that it was a good thing, because Mali’s nose was a little swollen. She was very sweet thought. When I apologized to her she just said in her sobbing voice “that’s okay mommie.” The best part thought according to Eric, was after a Popsicle to ice her nose, Mali was ready to get back out there and play. Tonight was her first practice. Mali did really great and seemed to grasp the game. She made some great hits too. Eric would’ve been proud. The only downside was the kid that was coughing like crazy right in line behind her and then he threw up on the field!!! Why did he have to be standing next to my kid??? Afterwards, I asked her what she thought about t-ball and she said, “I love it. More than soccer and more than ballet.” She couldn’t wait to get home to play more with her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment