Monday, January 18, 2010

Play

I absolutely value and love play. I love when my girls use their imaginations and just enjoy playing. Not playing a game or anything with structure, but just playing. For about a week, both girls played in this box that Eric’s grill came in. At first it was a house, a place for a picnic and then a place for all the stuffed animals that would fit and the girls to nap. That first night, Eric even allowed Mali to spend the night in the box. Then the box turned into more of a clubhouse. Mali used the handle holes as mailboxes. Mali wrote Papa, Mimi, Uncle Brandon, Shank, Aspen, Eleri, and her name all on the clubhouse. I’m not sure if that means they were all part of the exclusive club or what. I must have “broken her heart” (one of her newest exclamations) and that was why I wasn’t included! The girls both enjoyed and fought over time in the clubhouse. Mali had a few friends over that helped her decorate even more! Finally, the box saw the last of its days when Mali ripped up the “flooring.”

1 comment: