Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Princesses

Last night, we were de-briefing (finally) as a family and talking with Mali about having a girl. Eric told Mali "now I will have two princesses", which I think sums up pretty well what the composition of our household will be like.
I went into the sonogram prepared for them to say that it was a boy, Eric had thought it was a boy, and many other people thought so too. Really, the only one that was verbal about feeling otherwise was Mali. She has called it her baby sister from the beginning. So, we were a little shocked that it was a girl. There is absolutely nothing there, so 100% certain that it is NOT a boy, and that it will not change again. As soon as we could see her little bottom on the screen, I knew and Eric knew, that it was not a boy. We had a boy name and had not discussed girl names at all, so we will be keeping our ears open for the perfect name for our second princess. We don't have to buy hardly anything, just a crib for the baby, so that is a relief. Eric has described finding out it is a girl as being relieved. He said that there was already so much pressure if it was a boy, would it be a good athlete, would it look like a "White", etc., so he feels relief in that area. Also, we may not be done now, which is okay with me (even though my pregnancies are difficult). I've always thought the idea of three kids sounded right, but who knows what God has planned. I'm ready to find a name and pick out bedding/nursery theme, but it is football season and Eric has too many decisions on his plate already, so we may have to wait a few months. It might drive me crazy, but I'll survive. Its funny, because I don't feel like I can pick out bedding until I know her name!
Other than the surprise (side note: who says you aren't surprised when you find out before the delivery:)), the baby is doing great. She was very active. The sonographer asked "which one of you is so active?" We both said "the big sister". As if she couldn't tell, as Mali was crawling all over me, up and down from the chair, kissing me, getting in my face, etc., etc. So it doesn't seem as if we'll get any relief from an active baby. We are so thrilled that she is healthy. Everything looked great and measured perfect. She is currently 9 ounces. I'm curious how big she will be, bigger than Mali or smaller. Judging by my bulging belly (I was JUST showing with Mali at this point),I'm wondering if she will be bigger. We just feel so overwhelmingly blessed that this pregnancy is going so wonderfully right now and is so great. I'm feeling better and haven't been sick, really, since 15 weeks. I'm a little tired, but that is just life and we can deal with that!
Mali is still doing pretty good with the transition. I am praying for this and for a close bond between her and her sister. Right now she has become a little more clingy at bedtime, but she still talks about what she is going to teach her baby sister and what she is going to share with her. We'll see about the reality of it all.
My due date is still about the same, February 4th (I'm 19 weeks). But if we do a c-section, it will just be scheduled late January.
I know there are so many thoughts running through my head off and on about the reality that this is a baby girl, but for now this is all I can think of. We are excited, it is amazing to think that this is how God planned our family from the beginning. Two girls....two princesses!


Baby Girl at 19 weeks:


Belly at 19 weeks:




The sonographer also turned some pictures 3D but said that it wasn't really made for this age because the baby has no fat on it, so this is one of the best ones, but she doesn't look too cute.

4 comments:

  1. i am so happy for all of this!!! you crack me up about knowing the name before you pick the bedding!!! i love this little girlie already, and i still like the indian spice name! but how would you spell it? love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was our boy name, but we've debated making it our girl name but changing the spelling to be more feminine...Curry was boy maybe Curi girl. Who knows! We have plenty of time, but I want to call her something!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey-I know a girl named Curie, I don't know how she spells it though. Your little girl is amazing! I have been a horrible blog friend lately. SORRY! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's great that Eric is relieved, and maybe God's purpose was so that you guys would have more kids! I think I would want to pick out a name early too. I'm so happy for you and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete