Saturday, September 13, 2008

Names

Most of you that know me, know that I'm not content to just sit back and wait, and so since we surprisingly found out we were having a girl, we've been tossing names around. So far we have two potential (for now until we hear another we like) and Eric wanted me to put a poll on our blog for votes on these names. BUT, I wanted to describe the names for everyone so that you would know how they are pronounced and give room for comments to be made about the names. So leave your comments here, and vote too!
I was also given instructions to not disclose whose name is whose, one is my choice and one is Eric's choice:

Name 1:
Curi Jane (or some form of that). Curi pronounced Curry (like the spice). This was our boy name but we are tossing it around as a girl name.

Name 2:
Eleri Cate (or some form of that) Eleri is pronounced like Mallory but with an E, or Ellory.
Eleri Jane

I'm not a huge fan of Jane as a middle name, but our first date we went to see G.I. Jane so we thought that would add some significance, cheesy as it may be.

Anyway, leave your comments (Tim Dallas I'm waiting for your very honest perspective that you promised me) and vote!

6 comments:

  1. Love those choices!! We will find out the gender in Nov. and we have NO girl names so we may have to enlist you to help us find the perfect name,if it's a girl! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Curi of the two...I agree with Tim that Eleri will NEVER be pronounced or spelled correctly....I had no idea how to pronouce it until you wrote how to do it. I like Jane...it is very cute and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I veto Dr. Dallas' veto! Eleri is awesome! How else would someone think to pronounce it? Don't worry about that stuff. Pray for her name & God will show you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Eleri is hard to pronounce and spell. Curi isn't hard to pronounce but would be hard to spell after hearing it. I like Jane as a middle name and think the significance is great! Congratulations on your girl!

    ReplyDelete