Wednesday, June 11, 2008

10 Year Reunion


bottom: Tracy Miller Leonardi, Michael Mattivi, Brie White Gomez
top: Selene Cooper Sullivan, Kelli Robinson, Damion Ziemba, Anne Zwicky Belk, Bryanna Durkee, Debbie Wilbur Long, Chena Ricker Kline.



This past Saturday, June 7th, was my 10 year reunion with the Ouray Class of '98. There were about 3 of us that went to school with the class for years but actually left before our senior year, but we were lucky enough to be included in the reunion. I actually feel much more like this is my "class" than I do about Dalhart. 10 people from our class and their significant others came to the reunion (out of 20), plus 2 showed up after work to hang out with the others. It was so fun to just hang out and see every one. In the past 10 years, I've seen a few of these classmates but we haven't gotten to hang out. Of those that came to the reunion, there were 3 children all girls, that also came; Mali, Ashley Leonardi and Zara Kline (she was only 4 weeks old.) Every one looked great and seemed to be doing well in their lives. There were classmates that came that still live in Ouray and then those that came really far; from Boston and Seattle. One of my favorite things about the reunion was that three of our teachers showed up to say "hi". Mr. Mort (History teacher that was very hard), Mrs. Rushing (English and Journalism teacher) and Mrs. Nixon (our 4th grade teacher, librarian at some point and director of all the plays) all came. It was fun to talk with them and catch up. I got to talk to Mr. Mort for a while and thank him for making me work so hard and preparing me so well for college!:) He seemed glad to catch up too as he thought I had just disappeared to Texas!!
I also got some extra time with two of my good friends that I've kept in contact with, Anne and Debbie, in the days before the reunion. I loved taking Mali to the places that I went as a kid. We hiked to Cascade Falls and Baby Bathtubs (which Mali really enjoyed) and also took Mali to the Hot Springs Pool for the first time. Mali got some good "Grammie time" too and enjoyed being spoiled and loved on by Grammie, Zina and Great Grandma Lahr all weekend.
I will add more pictures to our Flickr hopefully soon.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41278&l=d8b21&id=620254096
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41287&l=b2ef2&id=620254096

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome! How are you guys? I hope well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures! You have some great ones! I had so much fun seeing you guys! We'll have to do it more often, so far we're doing good, once a year! :o)

    ReplyDelete